Monday, April 4

If nerdiness is wrong, I don't want to be right.

The inestimable (no, really, inestimable. Try to estimate him. You can't!) Oz linked me to a new Charlie Stross story and an article on him. I haven't read the story yet, but the article made me giggle and snerk like a nerd at the uncool kids' lunch table. On a Monday morning! I haven't been this entertained in a long time. Of course, it's all a big in-joke, and probably only hilarious to me, but still. The mainstream hasn't made me laugh that hard in a long, long time.

Edit: OK, I've read the story now and it is as scary as the article is funny. seriously mindfuck scary. Also, when I say above "the mainstream...", I mean to contrast the above article with the mainstream, not to imply that Locus is somehow mainstream. Though it is mainstream SF. Or so I'm told.

No comments: