Monday, November 20

Misordinaty

...is a word I just made up. It means dislike for computers (by analogy to misanthropy). It'd probably be more correct to use the Greek root for 'computer' rather than the Latin one, making the word misupologisy, but somehow misordinaty seems prettier.

The term came up as I tried to evade a Mac/Win religious battle (all in jest, of course!) by suggesting that the fact that I use Windows and Solaris shouldn't be interpreted as me endorsing them but rather as an accident of convenience, and that I hate all computers equally.

I just thought I'd share.

1 comment:

Pharaohmagnetic said...

Interesting. It certainly has different connotations than the word "technophobe," which is often used in the context of someone who hates computers (but not necessarily the rest of technology).