Sunday, January 1

Meme of Four

As oz describes:

four jobs I've had: Documentation developer, sysadmin, maintenance coder, IT Monkey

four movies I could watch over and over: There aren't four. The best I can come up with is the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which I have enjoyed watching back-to-back-to-back in its extended form (though the 12 hour sitting is a bit exhausting!) and Primer (which requires multiple viewings to make sense.)

four places I've lived: Toronto, Lausanne, Yellowknife, Cambridge Bay

four TV shows I love to watch: Firefly, Whose Line Is It Anyway (british version), West Wing (seasons 1-4 only), and I'm told I'll love Battlestar Galactica, when I get around to watching it.

four places I've been on vacation: Spain (mediterranean coast, for my honeymoon; wouldn't go back), Niagara-on-the-Lake (for my anniversaries; definitely going back), Jasper (in Alberta, at the base of the Marmot Basin ski resort; a wonderful place to ski), Nelson (in the interior of BC -- very pretty town with great people, better coffee, and even better accomodations Chez Little Brother).

four websites I visit daily: Look to your right. Slashdot and Boingboing get visited more than once a day, and I browse my RSS subscriptions at least four times a day.

four of my favourite foods: fresh homemade pasta, french toast, steak frites, what's in front of me at the dinner table

four places I'd rather be: working for a company that didn't actively resist organizational change as much as it does, skiing in BC, living the life of Riley in a Tuscan villa while independently wealthy, on the Paris/London/New York jet set.

four books I've read more than once: Bradbury's collected short stories, Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud, Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson, The Atrocity Archives by Charles Stross.

3 comments:

Pharaohmagnetic said...

four jobs I've had : camp counsellor, electrical technologist, research assistant ... that is all. Man, I'm such a bum. Meh, Meme of Three has more assonance anyways.

four movies I could watch over and over: Same, i.e, there aren't four. I think that the "best" movies out there would probably be unwatchable in second sittings: Saving Private Ryan, 2001: A Space Oddysey, O Brother Where Art Thou, etc. A fourth one eludes me, so we're still at three. Wait! Primer is good. Yes.

four places you've lived: Ottawa, Cambridge MA, Toronto, Providence. Yup, it totals at four.

Four TV Shows I love to watch: I Don't have a TV, (I think it's a malignant force of baseness and corruption) but I do have a bunch of great TV Show DVDs on top of my Netflix queue. So, the answers are Freaks and Geeks, Firefly, Deadwood (sort of, in a Saving Private Ryan kinda way) and Battlestar Galactica, the 70s cheese version. Wait, I mean the new SciFi channel version. I'd say the Daily Show, but I don't know if online clips count.

Four Places I've Been on Vacation: Yoho, Tofino, Gros Morne, Auyuittuq.

Four Websites I visit Daily: BoingBoing, reader.google.com, www.comingsoon.net (a guy can hate movies but love movie trailers) and of course STDU. Because it's Oh So Shiny.

Four of my Favourite Foods: Harira (Morrocan lentil soup), my wife's Tomato Soup, my wife's chicken soup, and sushi.

Four Places I'd rather be: Snorkeling in San Blas, hiking in the Rockies, at home, on a rocket ship.

Four books I've read more than once: Hmm. This is a tough one, since recent lifestyle changes have rendered it impossible to read any books to speak of, though I did recently manage to read GEB, one Charles Stross Novel, and a math book. I might have read pieces of Snowcrash more than once; same thing with Hyperion. Both Macbeth and Henry V, by William Shakespeare, I've actually sat and read a few times.

My addition:
Four Music Albums I have in constant rotation: Day for Night, Music has the Right to Children, Baby Beluga (my son has a say in what music I listen to), and... boy. Did I ever bite off more than I can chew. This is impossible to limit to four, since there are so many records that form a part of my life. A fourth might be... J.S. Bach's Cello Suites, or perhaps OK Computer Achtung Baby Divahn Redemption Time Fully Completely Chutes Too Narrow Return Again Edges of Twilight Haydn's Symphonies Kind of Blue Purcell's King Arthur. . . . aaarg. I lose this game.

Anonymous said...

four jobs I've had :
Customer Service at a computer store. Data Entry. Network Admin. Applications Architect.

four movies I could watch over and over: Pi, Primer, Mystery Men, Lost in Translation

Four places you've lived: Toronto, Pinehurst, Singapore, Columbia (MD)

Four TV Shows I love to watch: House, Battlestar Galactica, 24 (Season 4 right now, never seen any others), Cold Case

Four Places I've Been on Vacation: Bejing, Vienna, Phuket, New Zealand

Four Websites I visit Daily:
fraxas.blogspot.com, postsecret.blogspot.com, slashdot.org, www.nma-fallout.com

Four of my Favourite Foods:
Lamb Curry, Fajitas, Steaks as cooked by my father, and chocolate.

Four Places I'd rather be:
Ava Island (Georgian Bay)*3, down the road not taken 9 years ago.

Anonymous said...

Four Favorite Computer Games
Fallout. Ground Control. X-COM. Freepace.